[Assistant-faculty] Chemistry Education visitor/award

Please see below and contact Mary for more details or if you'd like to meet with Prof. Bodner.

Roger

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: gust
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:28:51 -0400
From: Mary Jane Shultz <mary shultz tufts edu>

Harry, Anne, Jack, Roger

A while back I alerted you all that I am hosting an award ceremony on
Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day - and the award recipient will be visiting
Tufts on that day, chatting with faculty. I am now setting up his
schedule and thought you all - or some of your colleagues - might be
interested in talking with him. The award recipient is George Bodner
from Perdue. George is the instigator of constructivist methodologies
in teaching chemistry - things like peer lead team learning (PLTL),
process oriented guided inquiry learning (POGIL) and other alphabet
soup techniques. He founded the graduate program in chemical education
at Purdue and really brought quantitative research techniques to the
field of chemical education. Though his emphasis is chemistry (the big
organic class specifically) his methods clearly connect with many other
science education fields.

So if any of you would like to visit with him either down here in
Chemistry or up in your offices, please let me know and I'll put you on
his schedule. If you have colleagues who would like to do so, just have
them contact me.

That is Thursday, Nov. 11.

Thanks
Mary

begin:vcard
fn:Roger G. Tobin
n:Tobin;Roger G.
org:Tufts University;Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
adr;dom:;;4 Colby St.;Medford;MA;02155
email;internet:roger tobin tufts edu
title:Professor and Department Chair
tel;work:617-627-5461