[tg] Fwd: Sad news about Karen Bell

For those who knew Karen, and for those who did not get a chance to meet her, we thought you would want to know.

Logan

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: v (jennifer bavani krishnan) <jen krishnan alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 5:19 PM
Subject: Sad news about Karen Bell

I'm heartbroken to share the news that Karen Bell passed away yesterday.

Karen was a driving force and home base for much of the challenge dancing in the Bay Area. She hosted (and organized/co-organized) three different tape groups at her home in Alameda for many years. She remembered every individual's preference for coffee (regular/decaf/none) and creamer so that she could always make the right amount of each and put out extras of people's favorite candies.

Karen always had her eye out for newcomers in the community and I was on the receiving end of a lot of her hospitality. She organized a whole blast class for be and one other person to learn C3B (and I'm pretty sure that was a challenging set of angels to get). Alameda was tricky for me to get to on public transit, so I would usually pick up a sandwich and arrive early, which was a treat because I got 1x1 time with her. I learned all kinds of square dance lore and also what you can do with an instant pot even if you don't want to cook meat in it.

I will miss her dearly.
-V-