[Postdocs-visitors] P&A Calendar of Events: Week of 09/19/11-09/23/11

The following is the list of events for the CURRENT week of 09/19/11 – 09/23/11.    Join us for…

Journal Club:
– TODAY! –
Monday, September 19, 2011
5:00pm
Robinson, RM 250

Presenter: Spencer Smith

Title: Negative Temperature States

All are invited!

Refreshments will be served @ 4:30 in Robinson 251

Colloquium:
Friday, September 23, 2001
3:00-4:30
STC136

Presenter: Bharat Ratra, University of Kansas

Title:  Dark Energy: constant or time variable? (... and other open questions)

Summary: Experiments and observations over the last decade have persuaded cosmologists that (as yet undetected) dark energy is by far the main component of the energy budget of the universe. I review a few simple dark energy models and compare their predictions to observational data, to derive dark energy model-parameter constraints and to test consistency of different data sets. I conclude with a list of open cosmological questions.

All are invited!

Refreshments will be served @ 2:30 in STC 124.

Shannon

Shannon R. Landis, MEd