Re: Unistellar eVscope 2 Telescope. Immersive Galactic Experience.

Hi All,

All of Ken’s points are valid and I have to admit ignorance on what a good
telescope is.

Just to add some insight from yesterday’s discussion, in addition to
having a watch night, one of things we discussed is the possibility of
setting the telescope up and be able to operate it remotely to collect
data overnight.  Or if possible to program the telescope to take photos at
a certain time at a certain location of the sky.  As wonderful as it would
be to get students to come to a watch night, this might be more
accessible.  And yes..the photos you can find online would be much better,
but the students would be the ones collecting the data.  An example of an
application might be take photos of Jupiter’s moons on multiple nights.
Students then analyze the photos to measure the moons’ speeds and
positions to measure the mass of Jupiter.

Again, I don’t know telescopes well and I don’t know if this particular
model could do what I just described.  But this might be a way to get more
students involved that normally wouldn’t be able to attend a night watch
party.

Mike