minutes of Physics TheoryNet Meeting, May 5, 2021

Physics TheoryNet Meeting, May 5, 2021

Virtual place on Zoom

MINUTES

--------

Attending:

Tim Fitzgibbon, Dr. William W Henderson Inclusion School, Dorchester

Scott Goelzer, Coe-Brown Northwood Academy NH

Michael Hirsh, Needham HS

Nivedi Das, Sharon HS

Nishant Agarwal, UMass Lowell

Brent Nelson, Northeastern University

Tomasz Taylor, Northeastern University

Good excuse: Mike Wadness, Medford HS

-------------------------------

We reported on the progress in transitioning back to regular post-pandemic teaching. It depends on the school, but we are almost getting there...

It is hard for teachers to double-up teaching in class and to deliver materials to students who prefer (or need) to stay at home. Hopefully, we will be fully back to normal in September. It depends, of course, on the vaccinations. We are worried by varying vaccination rates depending, frankly speaking, on the community wealth. While almost all students are already vaccinated at Coe-Brown, only a small fraction were vaccinated in Boston public schools like in Dorchester.

It was a good season of many school visits. On the pairing list from February, I am marking by X the visits that took place while I put a question mark wherever I am not sure if a visit was finalized (please get in touch with me to update):

X  Scott G -- Jesse T

X  John T -- Nishant A

X  Tim F -- Jim H

?? Michael H -- Brian S

X  Michael W -- Brent N

?? Bryan D -- Matt H

We will get together again on August 21 (Saturday), still on Zoom, to decide how to proceed next year.

Have a great summer!

Tom