Re: question

Hi Tom,

  As a complement/alternative to laptop, there’s also iPads/tablets which I found to be a great tool for my class.

Cheers,
Per

On Jun 19, 2020, at 10:44, Taylor, Tomasz <t taylor northeastern edu> wrote:

 Caution - External Email

Dear Friends,

I hope that everybody is enjoying beautiful weather. I am writing to ask you about your opinion in the following matter.

We are running this program since 2004. I just looked at our first minutes and I see Michael Hirsh and Mike Wadness among the founding fathers of the program! Thank you for your commitment! Anyway, some of you remember that in the early days we used to provide overhead projectors to schools as an aid for Theorynet presentations. We still have a similar budget which includes not only demonstration equipment but also visual aid equipment (in addition to stipends which are now $150/meeting). Of course, overhead projectors are obsolete now because they are standard part of school rooms, but with COVID-19 pandemic, many of you have faced the challenge of teaching online and hosted virtual Theorynet visits. I would like to know if the state is providing adequate support like good laptops for virtual classes and extracurricular use. It looks like online will remain with us for a long time. I am thinking about substituting old overhead projectors by some basic laptops to aid in virtual presentations. Do you think it is a good idea?

Best regards,

Tom