From: Betty Calinger <bcalinge aaas org>
Subject: Join Us!  Teacher-Scientist Partnership Meeting - February 15 -
Boston
To: Betty Calinger <bcalinge aaas org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:15:57 +0000

Dear Colleagues:
As a new administration takes office with new ideas and possibly new
perspectives about science, science education, and the role of government,
how should we think about teacher-scientist partnerships?  How can we
support teachers and schools and keep the focus on quality and accurate
science? How can we work with industry, museums and other partners? How do
we reach out and engage with parents and diverse communities? Join us for
these and other discussions at the Teacher-Scientist Partnership Meeting -
February 15, 2017 - Sheraton Boston.
Learn about some active partnership models, gather new resources and
ideas, and make new connections.  You'll meet people who regularly bring
scientists into classrooms and informal settings.  If you've thought about
engaging with K-12 but are not connected with a program or are a teacher
who is open to working with scientists, or an organization that could fund
partnerships in your community, you should attend.
Lightning talks and networking opportunities will engage all participants.
If you have questions or would like to present a lightning talk, contact:
bcalinge aaas org<mailto:bcalinge aaas org>.  Register at:
http://www.cvent.com/d/4vq3ch/1Q by January 30.
Come to the Teacher-Scientist Partnership Meeting - February 15, 2017 -
Sheraton Boston and then attend the AAAS Annual Meeting,
http://meetings.aaas.org/registration/?IntCmp=AM-17-AAAS-hp-regNOW-71.