various

Hi Everybody,

1. I will be attending the APS/AAPT meeting in Orono, Maine, April 20/21
and
possibly giving a talk, so I am looking forward to meeting some of you
there.
This time I won't miss the famous banquet. The webpage is:
http://www.physics.umaine.edu/NES_APS-AAPT_Spring_2007_Meeting/Spring_2007_Meeting.htm

2. We are in the middle of the "visiting season" so please remember to
take
some photographs that I can use for the flyer

3. I found a supplier of various fancy demos (you can see electron's
diffraction and "check de Broglie hypothesis" for under $1000!). Here is
the
webpage:
https://www.a3bs.com/shop/u.s.a./electron_tubes/demonstration_tubes,pg_83_114_658_661.html
I would like to hear your opinion which tube would suit our needs best. I
like
the maltese cross, but there are other that allow some serious
measurements
of e/m etc. All these tubes require very expensive high voltage power
supplies. Could you please give me the specs of power supplies used for
our
cloud chambers (if there are any?). Perhaps we could use them for tubes.

4. The next meeting is still scheduled for April 28.

Regards,
Tom