RE: [apmultiples] gender stereotypes

It would seem that we belong to the &quot;LaRee Brown&quot; school of
baby-clothing!&nbsp;&nbsp; We got frustrated when we couldn't find snap or
zip crotch all-in-one things after they got to 18 month sizes!&nbsp; Now
in the bitter weather they wear longsleeve turtleneck onesies and
sweatpants with a fleece on top if it is really cold!<br><br>
This might also be a good place to mention how much we like Robeez, soft
washable leather shoes they wore outdoors till cold weather.&nbsp; Inside,
now, they keep them from taking off their socks!&nbsp; Who said that a
sweater is something you wear because your mother is cold?&nbsp; If my
feet are cold I don't want them barefoot!<br><br>
Valerie<br><br>
At 01:44 PM 1/11/04, you wrote:<br>
no end!!! Actually one of my main reasons for not<br>
telling anyone the gender of my kids before they were born was because
I<br>
didn't want to get a bunch of useless &quot;frills&quot; for all our
shower gifts<br>
instead of stuff we could use (the other reason was that I don't trust<br>
an u/s to be for sure on gender, but we has SO many to check the twins<br>
that by the end I was pretty sure they were right. If we hadn't found<br>
twins at that 1st (19 wk) u/s, it would've been our only u/s though).
It<br>
annoys my MIL to no end that I dress my kids in stuff that I'd want to<br>
wear (ie. Jeans &amp; sweats, or the baby equivalent). They spent their<br>
first couple months in sleepers &amp; the summer in onsies that I'd pull
a<br>
pair of shorts over if we left the house. I have a friend who, based on<br>
the pictures on her website (she lives in FL, so I haven't seen her IRL<br>
since college), thinks her dd is a doll to play dress-up with. All
kinds<br>
of fancy dresses with matching hairbows &amp; hats, and it seems like
she<br>
wears several of these outfits each day. I joke to dh that his mom<br>
would've been SO much happier if he'd married this girl instead of me<br>
LOL.<br><br>
LaRee &amp; the twins<br>
<a
-----Original Message-----<br>