Re: [apmultiples] another rant from Valerie

   From: "Nancy Whittier" <NWHITTIE email smith edu>
   Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:21:07 -0500

   But as I'm parenting g/b twins, I have been thinking a lot about
   gender socialization and non-sexist parenting.  Otherwise, maybe we
   could start a sub-list on the topic.  Let me know if you're
   interested.

I think a list for this purpose would be a good idea.  I am continually
frustrated by people who attribute every difference between Perry and
Jocelyn to their sexes.  A recent example: one of our mother's helpers
said that it's not surprising that Jocelyn has longer hair than Perry
because girls' hair grows faster.  While I doubt that girls' hair
really does grow faster, it doesn't matter, because hers isn't longer!
Perry's hair is very slightly curlier and so it goes a tiny amount
less far down his back, but that's all.

But please, let's not start a new group on Yahoo!  Yahoo is terrible.
It has advertising (sometimes obnoxious anti-breast-feeding
advertising), no customer support, and archives that are hard to use.
In exchange for all that, you get a for free a service that basically
costs nothing to provide.

I would be happy to host a new group here at Tufts (where I already
host several groups on diverse topics), or someone else could do it.

                   Ken

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links