[apmultiples] Re: another rant from Valerie

i have new b/g twins as well as a toddler dd.  would love a yahoo
group on this topic.

analisa in tx

--- In apmultiples yahoogroups com, "Nancy Whittier" <NWHITTIE@e...>
wrote:
> Yup, Valerie is right.  I'm a sociologist and gender is my area of
> specialization...there is a TON of research showing that adults
react
> differently to babies depending on what gender they think they
are.

> I don't want to start what is sure to be a really controversial
thread
> here, since I know people have very different ideas about gender
> differences.  But as I'm parenting g/b twins, I have been thinking
a lot
> about gender socialization and non-sexist parenting.  (It was way
easier
> with our 8-yo son, since we just had one child and the day-to-day
> comparisons were nil.)  If anyone is interested in corresponding
about
> these issues, I'd be really glad.  I was looking online the other
day
> trying to find a good email forum on non-sexist parenting, but
didn't
> turn one up.  If anyone knows of one, let me know.  Otherwise,
maybe we
> could start a sub-list on the topic.

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links