Re: [Emeriti-faculty] [Assistant-faculty] Phil Nelson visit / colloquium date change

Thank you Hugh for taking care of this. Phil Nelson is an excellent
speaker and the author of (probably) the most used introductory textbook
in biological physics across universities in US and Europe. I encourage
our colleagues (whatever the field of interest)  to meet with him. If
anything Phil has shown how the skills learned as physicists can be
applied to many fields in science from string theory (his initial work) to
strongly correlated electrons and soft matter and to biology. As for me,
you can of course count me for dinner on March 14th!
Best,

Cristian

Cristian Staii
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Tufts University,
Science and Technology (STC) Center, Room 209
Medford, MA 02155 USA
Phone: 617-627-5368

email: Cristian Staii tufts edu
https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/display/CristianStaiiTuftsUniversity/Home