[Emeriti-faculty] Brown-bag discussions about teaching

Friends,

There seems to be sufficient interest to continue our biweekly brown-bag discussions about teaching.  Here’s a tentative schedule of dates.  All are Fridays, and unless you hear otherwise they will be at noon in Robinson 258.

Jan. 27

Feb. 10, 24

Mar. 9, 30  (violates the alternate week principle, because of Spring Break)

Apr. 13, 27

At least some participants last semester felt that the most useful sessions were those where we looked at actual examples of student work. Please consider bringing something specific – an exam question that worked particularly well, or a homework problem that didn’t, or a puzzling pattern of student errors – to talk about.

Roger

Roger Tobin

Professor and Chair

Department of Physics and Astronomy