[Emeriti-faculty] TA evaluations

As we agreed at the department meeting yesterday, each faculty member who teaches a class that has one or more graduate student TAs or graders is responsible for evaluating the TA’s performance. The evaluation should be shared with the TA, signed by both instructor and TA, and a copy kept on file in the department office. In the case of lab TA’s who serve two courses, I leave it to the instructors to organize the work.

I am attaching a possible form that you could use, but you can feel free to modify or adapt it as needed. It’s more important that we provide some useful feedback than that we use some particular form.

I’m also attaching a copy of the list of TA expectations that I sent to all TAs at the beginning of the semester. Comments/suggestions about that document are very welcome.

Thank you,

Roger

Roger Tobin

Professor and Chair