[Emeriti-faculty] Planning ahead: Dept. meetings for Fall semester

Friends,

I’m sure that here in mid-summer you’re all thinking:  “Gee, I really miss department meetings. I wonder when we’ll have the next one.” Or maybe, like me, you’ve only recently gotten a calendar for the next academic year and you need things to write in it. Either way, no doubt you’ll be pleased to receive this tentative schedule of department meetings for next fall. Please pencil them in, and try to avoid scheduling conflicts.  All meetings are on Mondays in the Open Block (12:00 – 1:15 pm) in Robinson 250.

Date

Tentative agenda

Sept. 12

Announcements, Undergraduate program issues

Sept. 26

Grad program assessment:  plans and process

Oct. 24

Tenured faculty only:  Tenure case discussion

Oct. 31

Tenured faculty only:  Continued tenure case discussion, if needed

Nov. 7

Tenured faculty only:   Second year review

Nov. 21

Undergrad assessment:  report and discussion

Dec. 5

Grad assessment

As always, the schedule and agenda are subject to change, and we may need to reschedule some meetings and/or schedule additional meetings to deal with unanticipated issues, so please try to keep the Monday Open Block free on your schedule even during weeks when no department meeting is scheduled.

Enjoy the summer and stay cool,

Roger

Roger Tobin

Professor and Chair