[Emeriti-faculty] FW: Your Tufts Email Move

All,

As I had emailed earlier this year, the email below is the first of several emails we will get regarding our move from the old Tufts Trumpeter email to the new Microsoft Exchange networked email.  Our Email migration is scheduled to occur the EVENING OF 2/22/11.   If you have not completed your migration survey…please do so at:  http://go.tufts.edu/emailsurveyAs well, now is the time to attend training if you feel it would be useful for you: http://training.uit.tufts.edu/calendar.asp.

Also note: as the migration date nears, IT will be expecting us to assist them in this preparation for this process. They will be asking everyone to:

·         Delete contacts that you do not need.

·         Delete or combine any unnecessary folders in your email client.

  • Remove any large attachments from your email to save space.
  • Move as many messages as possible from your inbox to server folders.

·         Rename/change any local folders whose names use any of the following characters: https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/download/attachments/35684528/clear5x8.png?version=1&modificationDate=1279052595000\ https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/download/attachments/35684528/clear5x8.png?version=1&modificationDate=1279052595000/https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/download/attachments/35684528/clear5x8.png?version=1&modificationDate=1279052595000 & https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/download/attachments/35684528/clear5x8.png?version=1&modificationDate=1279052595000$

·         Rename any current email folders with the name Calendar or Contacts (example: "Calendar" folder renamed to "OldCalendar")

·         Turn your office computer or network-connected laptop off the night before your scheduled migration date.

As these items may take some folks a while…I would suggest starting now, rather than waiting until the day approaches!  If you need assistance with any of these steps, let me know, I am here to help.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your anticipated cooperation so this process goes smoothly and painlessly!

Shannon

Shannon R. Landis, MEd

Department Manager

Physics & Astronomy