[Emeriti-faculty] Undergraduate Major in Chemical Physics

Friends,

The requirements for the undergraduate Chemical Physics major (not to be confused with the new graduate degree proposal that we discussed at the last faculty meeting) as currently listed in the Bulletin under the Chemistry and Physics Department are inconsistent and out of date.  Over the last year or so the two departments have worked to agree on a common language.  The attached document gives the two descriptions currently in the Bulletin and the new language that has been approved by the Chemistry department and accepted last year by our department's Curriculum Committee.

If there are no objections, we will go ahead and bring the change to the A&S Curriculum Committee and Faculty to go in next year's Bulletin.  If anyone has a problem with the new language or feels strongly that we should discuss it in a departmental faculty meeting, please let me know by next Friday Oct. 1.

Thanks,
Roger

begin:vcard
fn:Roger G. Tobin
n:Tobin;Roger G.
org:Tufts University;Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
adr;dom:;;4 Colby St.;Medford;MA;02155
email;internet:roger tobin tufts edu
title:Professor and Department Chair
tel;work:617-627-5461