Re: [Emeriti-faculty] Faculty Search Requests

Congratulations to both groups!! Extremely good news!

Best regards,
Danilo

On Jul 16, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Roger Tobin wrote:

Friends,

I am thrilled to report that the Deans have approved both of our requests for new faculty searches, in Experimental High Energy Physics and in Theoretical Soft Condensed Matter Physics, both at the level of tenure-track Assistant Professor.  In these difficult times, getting two searches approved is a strong signal both of the esteem in which our department is held and the Deans' understanding of the urgency of our needs.  Many thanks to all of you who participated in the discussions that enabled us to make a strong case for these positions, and especially to those who worked on drafting the position requests.

Of course, this means that we will have a very busy year with a great deal of work for all of us, and especially for the faculty on search committees -- which will be a majority of those who are not on leave.  The winter is likely to be filled with visits, job talks and meetings. Please plan accordingly.

Roger

<roger.tobin.vcf>_______________________________________________
Regular-faculty mailing list
Regular-faculty cosmos phy tufts edu
https://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/regular-faculty

Dr. Danilo Marchesini
Assistant Professor in Astronomy & Astrophysics
Tufts University
Robinson Hall
212 College Avenue
Medford, MA 02155 USA