[Emeriti-faculty] Party August 1 at Neptune

Dear everyone,

Here's the invitation to our summer party.  Apologies if you got it
more than once.

                                        Ken

              Ken Olum, Valerie White, and Judy Anderson
                  along with Jocelyn and Perry Olum
              invite you to their usual summer party at
                              "Neptune"
              156 Massapoag Ave, Sharon MA  781-784-6114

                Sunday, August 1, 2010, 1pm to 11pm

Come for some or all of the time, whatever is convenient.

Bring swimsuits, towels, water toys, games, musical instruments,
friends, family (children of all ages welcome), people you think we
should know, people we mistakenly left off the invite list, people
whose e-mail bounced, etc.

We will provide a lake to swim in, a canoe, kayaks, a small trimaran,
a powerboat, waterskis and other towables, windsurfers, and various
flotation toys.

If you're coming at dinnertime, bring something to grill or something
to share.  Please don't bring disposable tableware -- we never end up
using it.

Please be respectful of the ending time.

PARKING:

Please park on or near the driveway, not in the middle of the lawn on
top of the septic tank.  If you're staying until near the end, please
pull all the way forward in front of the garage and let people block
you in.

NEW PARKING INFO this year:

If the driveway is full, you may park on Decatur Street, just south of
our driveway.  Park only on the "woods side" -- not the side with the
house, and don't park close to either corner.  Be cautious and
considerate if the wedding party from the Inn up the road is
traveling the road, walking or in a motorcade.

More parking is further south beyond our house on Potter St, and our
neighbors at 150 Massapoag (just before our house) will be out of town
and we may park there.  Please do not park on their lawn.

DIRECTIONS:

>From Boston: Go south on route 93.  In Braintree continue on route 93S
(a.k.a. 128N) rather than taking route 3.  In 6 miles take the exit
onto route 95 south.

>From points north and west: Get on routes 128/95 going south.  In
Dedham you will have to take an offramp to stay on route 95 south
instead of continuing on 128.  The signs show that "exit 12" is to
stay on the main highway, while "95 south" is to take the ramp.  You
want the ramp.

In either case, go south on 95 and get off at exit 10 "Coney St.,
Sharon".  Turn left at the end of the ramp.  Now follow the main road
(which will shortly become route 27) about 2.5 miles into Sharon
center.  Go straight at the light, then immediately turn right onto
Pond street, between the Sharon Express store and the Bank of America.
Continue on Pond Street until you come to a small traffic circle.
Take the first right out of the circle (i.e. go straight through it)
and you are now on Massapoag Avenue.  The lake should be on your
right.  We are number #156, on the left.  The street number is visible
on the mailbox.

>From route 495 and points south: Go north on route 95.  Get off at
exit 8, "South Main St., Sharon".  Turn right at the end of the ramp,
onto Main Street.  Follow Main Street until you get to Chestnut St.,
which is the third real traffic light.  Turn right, and then right
again at the end of the street onto Pond St.  Proceed as above.

By public transit from Boston: From South Station (Red Line) you can
ride the commuter rail to Sharon station.  The train will be listed as
Providence.  Trains leave South Station at 1:05, 2:25 and 4:40 (from
Back Bay five minutes later), and the ride is half an hour.  Give us a
call at 781-784-6114 before you get on the train and someone will pick
you up at the station.  Train fare is $5.75; buy a ticket in the
station to avoid a surcharge.  There is a train back at 10:43, but you
can probably get a ride back.