[Emeriti-faculty] Several things

Friends:

1)  Reminder:  Dept. Meeting Mon. May 3, 12:00 - 1:15 pm, Robinson 250
    The primary agenda is to review the progress of our grad students. If you are supervising a grad student it is especially important that you be there, or, if that is not possible, let Kris know in detail how your student(s) is/are doing,

2)  Commencement (May 23):  To date I have exactly one volunteer to represent the department at Commencement. This is a very important day for our students (both undergrad and grad) and it is important to them to see their teachers and mentors there as their accomplishments are recognized. In the absence of volunteers, the twisting of arms will begin soon.

3)  Computational Lab Space:  The Computer Science Department is looking at renting space at 196 Boston Ave. for computational research. This would be high-quality space with room for equipment, grad-student offices, shared office space for faculty to use when they're there, etc.  They are very interested in attracting like-minded folk from other departments as a way of encouraging interdisciplinary work. If you think you might have any interest in or use for such a facility, please get in touch with Carla Brodley (brodley cs tufts edu) or Eric Miller (elmiller ece tufts edu).

See you on Monday,

Roger

begin:vcard
fn:Roger G. Tobin
n:Tobin;Roger G.
org:Tufts University;Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
adr;dom:;;4 Colby St.;Medford;MA;02155
email;internet:roger tobin tufts edu
title:Professor and Department Chair
tel;work:617-627-5461