[Emeriti-faculty] Undergraduate and "Extra Mile" awards

Hello,

Five of the undergraduates we nominated for awards; Matt Von Hippel, Robert Judith, Eric Takasugi, Lauren Weilgus, and Dan Cook (with chemistry), were successful. Thanks to everyone who wrote in support of these students!

I don't tell the students that they have won, but if you are an adviser or work closely with any of these students please feel free to do so.

We will therefore be recommending Mike Hancock for the Dolbear Prize, and Ryan Hunter and Keith Hofmann for the Knight Prize.

Also a reminder that the Distinction award deadline is approaching, and we encourage you to consider nominating Larry McMaster, Denis Dupuis, and Scott MacCorkle for the Tufts “Extra Mile” Distinction Award. This award “celebrates individuals or teams who always go the extra mile to meet the needs of the people they serve… Candidates in this category are known for meeting and then exceeding expectations, developing effective relationships, and using resources creatively to achieve outstanding results.”

Nominations can be submitted online ( http://distinctionawards.tufts.edu/). The website also provides tips on writing a nomination ( http://distinctionawards.tufts.edu/?pid=7 ). They are due by next Weds, Mar. 10.

Cheers,
Hugh and Gary
Awards and Honors Committee