[Emeriti-faculty] Award nominations

Hello -

A reminder that I could use a few more sentences of praise for any of the students/awards listed below.    If you've written letters of recommendation for these students recently, that works fine if you send it in word format.   I would appreciate receiving these by the end of Weds. (Feb. 10).

Note that we are nominating Lauren Wielgus for the Gruss prize, since we nominated Erin last year (she won).

For our double and triple majors I have contacted their outside advisors as well.

Cheers-
Hugh

****************************

Matthew von Hippel - Class of 1898 Prize
The award is looking for "that student in each of the three undergraduate colleges who, having completed at least two years at Tufts, has best demonstrated both high scholarly ability and a wide range of intellectual interest and competence."

Robert Judith - The Class of 1947 Victor Prather Prize
The award is looking for "engineering or science majors who have demonstrated excellence in scientific research, enthusiasm for the pursuit of knowledge, and a dedication to scholarly achievement."

Eric Takasugi - The Benjamin G. Brown Scholarship
The award is looking for "seniors who have shown promise in scientific research in fields other than chemistry".

Lauren Wielgus - The Audrey Butvay Gruss Science Award

The award is looking for "(preferrably) a female student who has demonstrated outstanding academic work in any of the sciences and who is a scholarship recipient."

Daniel Cook - The Frederick Melvin Ellis Prize

The award is looking for "students who have demonstrated marked athletic versatility, a modest manner, successful academic achievement, and the potential for effective leadership of youth."

Keith Hofmann - Class of 1911 Prize Scholarship
The award is looking for "seniors of engaging personality who, from matriculation as freshmen to their senior year, have made most progress as measured both by academic record and by successful participation in extracurricular activities of enduring worth."