[Emeriti-faculty] colloquium on Friday

Hi everybody,

Our colloquium speaker this Friday is Slava Mukhanov from Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich. In his work with Chibisov in the early 1980's, Mukhanov suggested the idea that cosmic density perurbations that later evolved into galaxies originated as quantum fluctuations in the early universe. The spectrum of perturbations that they calculated is now in excellent agreement with the data. I would not be surprised if Mukhanov eventually wins a Nobel Prize for this work.

Mukhanov is a very engaging speaker, and I am sure you will enjoy the talk. See you all at the colloquium!

Alex