[Emeriti-faculty] help with the first advising meetings in August

Dear All,

I have signed up for the Faculty Seminar advising option for Fall 2008. However, I have a problem with the first meeting in August, as I will be out of the country from August 26 - September 2, 2008. I am scheduled to pick up the students's folders on August 22, I can do that. I will also meet with my orientation leaders on August 25th, and will try to give them enough information about my seminar ("Getting familiar with 4-dimensional world or spacetime") so they could answer at least most of student's questions. I will contact my advisees my email explaining that I'll be absent on the August 27th, this is where I need your help:
1)  could someone come to meet with my advisees and my orientation leaders in the afternoon on August 26th? I will, of course, resume all my duties after I am back on September 2, 2008.
2)  my advisees will need help with their registering for courses, their registration time is on Saturday, August 30; I was supposed to make appointments with them on Friday, August 29th. Of course, if they are not sure what to chose, they could make changes to their course selection after I am back, and I'll be helping with that

Please let me know whether you could help, as soon as possible, let me know even if you cannot, I talked to pre-major advising office and they will help if I don't find it myself
with regards
Krzysztof

ps I am enclosing the letter from Tufts Orientation office, and the abstract of my seminar

"GETTING FAMILIAR WITH 4-DIMENSIONAL WORLD or SPACETIME"

summary and textbook:

A translation of an address by H. Minkowski, delivered at the 80th Assembly of German Natural Scientists and Physicians, at Cologne, 21 September 1908 (will be provided to the students). The opening paragraph reads:

The views of space and time which I wish to lay before you have sprung from the soil of experimental physics, and therein lies their strength. They are radical. Henceforth space by itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind of union of the two will preserve an independent reality.

course plan:

    i           Introduction to special theory of relativity
                "Minkowski's world" - 4-dimensional space-time, light cones et cetera
    ii          Consequencies, tests; paradoxes ? Is our world really like this ?
    iii         4-vectors
    iv         Lorentz invariants
    v          Elementary introduction to elementary particles, fundamental
               interactions and their carriers

prerequisites:  NONE, elementary knowledge of algebra, geometry, some common sense and ability to think