   Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:23:16 -0400
   From: "Najmi, Nancy" <nnajmi reading k12 ma us>
Subject: Seeking High School Physics Opportunities
     To: "William P. Oliver" <william oliver tufts edu>

Dear Professor Oliver,
I am a 1982 Tufts graduate who is now teaching Physics to junior and senior students at Reading High School. I am looking for opportunities for my students to be exposed to physics-related research and applications. I have had guest speakers visit my classes in the past, and have found the experience to be valuable for all of us.

I was wondering if you knew of any physics researchers - at the University or in industry- who would be interested in visiting a couple of high school physics classes. I am interested in visitors for next year, but if you know of any summer session students who want to try out presenting their ideas to the general public, I'd love to have a visitor between now and June 12 as well.

As you know, we cover very basic fundamental physics ideas with a broad brush in high school, yet some of the students are itching to learn more and would find the connections to real-life research and applications inspiring. I am also interested in field trip opportunities for next year as well.

I would appreciate any guidance you could provide in these matters. Thank you,
Nancy Najmi
Reading Memorial High School
781-944-8200 (x 312)
617-909-3523 (cell)