   Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:28:55 -0400
   From: "Michalak, Jo-Ann" <Jo-Ann Michalak tufts edu>
Subject: Authors Talk by Christopher L Vaughan in late July/early August
To: Eric Todd Quinto <Todd Quinto tufts edu>, "William P. Oliver" <william oliver tufts edu>, "Albright, Eric D." <Eric Albright tufts edu>, "Lee, Mary Y" <Mary Lee tufts edu>, "Kaplan, David" <David Kaplan tufts edu>

Hi Todd, Bill, Eric, Mary and David,

I have been contacted by Christopher L Vaughan, whose biography of Allan
Cormack, Tufts only Nobel Prize winner (1979 in Medicine or Physiology),
will be published in June 2008.  Christopher is a professor of
Biomedical Engineering at the Univ of Cape Town and advises that his
publisher, Imperial College Press, will not be supporting a book tour so
he has asked if Tufts would be interested in an Authors Talk in late
July or early August when he will be attending a conference in Ann
Arbor.  Tisch Library is not funded for Authors Talks over the summer
but I would be happy to host a talk in the library if there is interest
from some or all of your departments.  I would also be happy to let any
of you do the hosting if you want to volunteer.  I think Kevin Wells in
the Bookstore would be happy to arrange a book signing.  I think it
would be desirable to videotape if Christopher gives a talk.

Christopher has indicated that he will call me sometime this week so I
would appreciate hearing from any of you who would like to pursue this
summer Authors Talk opportunity with our without Tisch Library's
involvement.  Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann Michalak
Director, Tisch Library
Tufts University