(ET) Working on getting tiller on.

I'm working today on hitching up the tiller so I can till some drain trenches in the yard. The soil is rock hard, but in the past the tiller has handled that.

This time it's tougher to get it going. Trying to manhandle the tiller around the shed is really difficult so I have it on a piano dolly. Dug out the lift, hooked it up, and used the lift to help get the tiller mounts on the rear bar. Got it up, drove it out, then the lift blew up.

Motor has a ground fault in it. Pulled the motor, got a spare lift motor I had rebuilt years ago, put it in, fired it up, works fine however the staple that holds the strap to the lift axle broke.

*grumble* Off to the real ACE hardware store 30 miles away to get a new steel rod that is the right size. What a pain, but I should be able to cut and bend a new clip.

Still, it means I won't be tilling till tomorrow....