Re: (ET) 12 volt batteries for E12

One issue will be no 18-volt tap for powering lifts.

If you can manage with 12-volts for the lifts (slower but will work - although it feels like an eternity with the snowthrower).

Assuming the 12-volters don't weigh 130 pounds each, reduced capacity (run time).

If you're using the original charger, you need cell caps that allow
gassing.

I would go with 1 battery front, 2 rear as that mimics the original voltage distribution and spreads the weight similarly to the original. If you need more weight for the steering wheels to do their job, then go with 2 in front.

Darryl

On 2024-06-08 12:35 p.m., Cameron B wrote:
Hi all,

So I’m fairly amateur when it comes to my E12. I’m mechanically inclined
but Just wondering if there are any drawbacks from using 3x 12volt batteries.  My pack
is completely dead.  And cost difference is huge vs going with 6@6V.

Also is there any specific way anyone has wired them?.  1 battery up front
2 under seat?.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone