Re: (ET) Motor brushes

I had a magnet failure in a fat deck motor this summer: The symptom was the motor kept cutting out due to the temp sensor/breaker opening (motor was overloaded with the friction of the magnet against the armature). Magnet was broken into three parts.

Turning the blade by hand I could hear a grinding in the motor.

Simple enough repair (I made wood gauges and spacers to allow me to replace the magnets) will do this winter.