Re: (ET) Strange sound from motor

Paul, which tractor model is this? Some have a centrifugal switch, which
this may be. Otherwise, I'd suspect bearings.Nick
-------- Original message --------From: Paul Anderegg <tpa2008 gmail com>
Date: 10/26/21  12:55 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Dean Stuckmann <dstuckmann
icloud com> Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu Subject: Re: (ET) Strange
sound from motor I pulled the belts off. Motor spins freely. When I spin
it by hand it'ssilent. When I apply the throttle then it starts making a
screeching soundagain without the belts on.On Tue, Oct 26, 2021, 11:24 AM
Dean Stuckmann <dstuckmann icloud com> wrote:> I would start by making
sure that it is the motor by taking the belts off> and running the motor
by itself. I assume that the motor spins freely?>> Take care,> Dean>> > On
I get a strange sound coming from the motor. It usually starts after it>
below.> >> > https://youtu.be/DYOYZqdiQik> > -------------- next part
--------------> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...> > URL: <>
http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mhonarc/elec-trak/attachments/20211026/891d80a8/attachment.htm>