Re: (ET) Battery charger question

Chris,
I have run into problems with automatic 5 amp chargers.  Some have problems switching over to maintenance mode (green light) with large battery packs.  I had good luck with a special Soneil charger I bought from a group member that lasted 10-12 years.  When I ordered a replacement it would not go to green light.  The tech support determined that only some of their 5 amp chargers could handle the large battery pack.  Interestingly I have found the built in charger to be very effective and reliable and I did not see an improvement in battery life with the newer chargers.

I have not evaluated bank chargers.  They should help with equalization, but unfortunately I am not sure they will compensate for all the unequal taps such as the lift.

Rob