(ET) Better plugs for lifts and stuff

So I rolled out the tiller today to do the garden. Not a lot of garden, but the tiller is so amazing at making rich soil (esp after throwing fireplace ashes and compost on that ground all winter) it just isn't funny.

First step of course was to hook up the rear lift, and right off the bat I ran into a problem: The molex plug I had on the tractor going to 24v of batteries (yes the lift works with 24v. I run the front one on 36v and I think it is better as the current draw under load is 50% less, just use a 15a fuse so it blows if overloaded) and sure enough the plugs in the molex socket were rotted.

The plug is only a year or so old. I wonder if it's because it is always attached to the batteries (with a 20a fuse) and the DC voltage potential causes the plugs to electrolyze and rot. Not sure.

However it begs a question: What is a good exterior rated, 36 volt rated plug system to hook things like the external battery pack and the rear lift to? Should I just put a twist/lock Hubbel box in the back and hook into that? Something else? Even the external battery pack plugs show signs of copper sulfate on them because they always have 36v.

Thoughts?