(ET) Dragging the wrecked E15 out of the weeds again

So a couple of years ago my spare tractor (an E15 that was junked by someone else for *very* good reasons) overcharged the BB600's and blew up. I parked it for about 3 years, then this spring dragged it up, replaced the bearings on the E15 motor, and have been looking at fixing it again as a spare slow tractor.

What a mess. This one spent about 20 years in a leaf pile and the frame was literally rotted in the back so badly I had to weld on angle irons to support the rear wheel. I just checked it, and while the frame is still intact the wires from the battery box that run next to the belts literally had the insulation falling off.

Total mess. Also for whatever reason the motor was hung with 3/8 inch bolts that do not go through the motor bracket. Did it use 5/16 bolts instead? I bought a pair of 6 inch 3/8 bolts so I could lift the motor up into the tractor without a jack, but that doesn't seem to work because the bolts are too big.

Once I get the motor up again I'll try hooking up some battery cells and see if the controller still works. I rebuilt it about 10 years ago when I got it, but sitting in the yard made it a nice home for mice. ...