From: Frontier Yahoo Mail [mailto:weinreich frontiernet net]
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 9:58 PM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Fw: AM-48 Sickle Mower

Let's try this again shall we, this time with the message. I am looking for assistance to "electrify" a Haban 405 sickle mower into an Elec Trak AM 48. I have been looking for references to the GE 8886 mower used on the AM 48. I have been told that the GE line has been sold off so many times that there is no possible way of cross referencing that part number. Chris Zach recommended trying an E-10 drive motor of which I do not have access to and don't wish to purchase if a lighter alternative is available. eBay has a listing for a GE 5BPA34NAA4 , supposedly off a Lawn Boy Electric. I looks just like the older tall motors used on the front mount Elec Trak rotary mower decks. I have never seen HP or RPM specs. on those motors. Conversely I do not know the HP or RPM data for the 8886 motor either. As anyone who has handled one of these sickle mowers knows they are bulky and awkward enough without adding a large diameter heavy electric motor like one from a fork lift or golf cart. Just for comparison, I have a Jari 36" walk behind sickle mower, which at times requires nearly all of the 4 HP that the B&S ICE engine on it produces. So any tips on this project
would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris Weinreich
Northwest Iowa