Re: (ET) Hole open....

On 12 Dec 2019 at 16:25, Chris Zach wrote:

> I think I'm going to try coating the new pin with anti-seize and see if
> that keeps it from binding in another 20 years.

Anti-seize is one of humanity's great inventions.  I use the stuff just
about everywhere metal might rust or corrode, including the ETs.

Back in my younger days, when I didn't mind so much lying on my back
getting bits of rust and dirt in my eyes, I used to change my own ICEV
exhaust systems.  After a few, I took to putting anti-seize on all the
bolts and slip joints.  After that, I had no more truck with hacksaws and
chisels and nut splitters when it was time for the next exhaust system.
Everything just unbolted.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA