(ET) Still a haunted tractor.....

Ok, this continues to be strange. Put in the new switch, tested all the switches, all 8 now are good. Put the tractor together, tested it. Worked ok for a couple of tries, but then started to do the run-on thing again.

The symptoms are this: When in Foward, and you go to speed 1, the 1a relay locks in, the FR relay goes down, and the motor starts. Let off on the gas and it usually stops. Go to speeds 3 or 4 then to 0, and the motor continues to spin in speed 1. Looking at the relays I can see FR drops out, which should mean there is no power going to the 1F and 2F solenoids. Yet it runs for about 30 seconds, then spins down, comes back, then spins down again finally.

In Reverse it's weirder. When you go into R the reverse light comes on, and the motor will go into reverse on speeds 1-4. However when you go to speed 0 the FR relay drops out, and the motor *IMMEDIATELY* goes to speed 1 forward. Even with the reverse speed still set and the reverse light on.

It's as if power was getting to the contactors somehow, but from where? They're not stuck open, if they were it wouldn't go hard to forward when in reverse and speed goes to 0.

It's possible my FR relay is burning out, I'll see if I have a spare 36v relay. But the power has to come through the start switch....

AND I just noticed there is a wire 29-00 that goes back to card 4, pin 1. Ah great, what is that.....