Re: (ET) Sheet steel

Best place to get steel - a local scrap yard.  Some of them also end up with new pieces, and or very clean pieces.  Some have new steel sales department also.  Best prices I ever came across.

Worst place, to buy is a typical hardware store.  I've bought the less common shapes and pieces made for shafts from Mcmaster.  But shipping will kill you for anything big.

Dave