Re: (ET) Aaargghh!!!!

The capacitor and diodes in the charger are the common failure points. A fairly easy replacement. Unless actually possessed, by mice in the case of Elec-Traks. I've seen chargers where the mice chewed off all the insulation of the wires and interesting things then happen. Several feet of heat-shrink tubing and a hot-air gun to the rescue and new parts as needed.

NOTE: the wiring harness (9-pin plastic body with 5 pins actually used) only disconnects wall power between the timer and the input to the transformer. To disconnect the charger from the battery pack, you need to remove the stair-step black metal piece with the timer assembly that covers the band resistors ("toaster") behind the headlights. Then reach way down and unscrew two nuts (think socket extension) and remove the two wires that drop down under the frame. Be sure to insulate the ends of those wires if the batteries are still installed.

http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=172
http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=61
http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=62