Re: (ET) Battery choice (was Elec-trak Digest, Vol 15, Issue 41)

   From: "David Roden" <etpost drmm net>
   Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 18:24:21 -0400

   Gel batteries should be fine for this application too, if you aren't
doing
   tractor pulls or whatever, and don't need the huge peak currents that
AGM
   can supply.

I would not use gel if you have a snowblower.  I think the sudden
current every time you turn it on would be bad for the batteries.  But if
treated with care, Deka gel batteries have a very long life.

                                        Ken