From: weinreich frontiernet net

Date: Thu, Mar 30, 2017 9:10 PM

To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu;

Subject:(ET) Elec Trak Accessory Questions

Restoration of my "fleet" of Elec Trak equi
 pment continues this month.  The grouping of equipment that I purchased many years ago included an HE-06 Trimmer/Edger, (I am still hunting for an HE-05 Cultivator).  I tore this thing down and found more or less what I expected to find with a couple of exceptions.  Everything was dirty, dry and for the most part used up much as I thought it would be.  When I got to the motor brushes I found that they were pretty well gone as were the springs.  Not a big problem as I think that these are available from the Electric Tractor Store.  What I thought odd was how the wires connected to the brushes.  Each wire has a small eyelet terminal on the end which appeared to be placed between the end of each brush and the brush spring.  I have worked on a good many motors, generators, etc and I have never seen a set up like this.  I haven't ordered new parts yet so I do not know if the brushes come with or without a lead attached.  Has anyon
 e else overhauled one of these motors?  The next thing that surprised me just a bit was the condition of the spindle shaft PN: S-02-00294.  After I cleaned this up I found that it has one tooth missing.  Evidently the blade made contact with rock or concrete at some point and the torque of this little motor was great enough to shear off a hardened gear tooth!  Again I am just beginning the process of looking for parts and I haven't contacted Clean Power, ETS or Kansas Wind so they may be able to help.  My second question is about the TH-80 Grass/Hedge Trimmer.  This item also came with my "herd" of electrical powered equipment.  A few hours of cleaning and buffing have put the power head, drill, clipper and trimmer in good working order.  What I am missing however is the "banana" handle used on the TM-3 head when attached to the TH-80.  This one must have been dropped at some point as all I have are two "ears" left at the point of
  attachment.  If anyone knows of a source for this part I would be most grateful. Trak on!Many thanks,Chris W.1-GE E12M1-GE E151-N/I EGT-150_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailing listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhttps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak