Re: (ET) BB600 status and some failures.

Will give that a shot. In the meantime I dragged the hulk of the E15 over to the shed and took a look at the battery pack: Every single battery was wrecked, melted cases, holes in cases, the whole nine yards. So 30 cells now need to go to the recycler. Sigh.

I'm thinking about fixing up the hulk again; this is the one that was buried in leaves and crap for 20 years or so, with the frame that was so rusted in the rear that I had to weld on new angle-irons to support the transmission (it worked). I have a spare right side front panel, think I will buy a left side panel and replace both of them. That plus new decals and a new charge controller should make this thing worthy of a new set of BB600's.

Moral: Don't try to charge the BB600's over 42-43 volts.