Re: (ET) Motor weak and pulsing (Alltrax)

About a year ago my E15's motor decided to run slowly, if at all, and so I removed it and tried to open it up. Removal was aided by replacing the 4 carriage bolts with lengths of threaded rodwith nuts, one at at a time. I could then unscrew the nuts holding the motor up against the bottom of the frame, again, one at a time, slowly lowering the motor onto a jack so that I could pull it out.

I was not able to find a motor shop in the greater Ithaca, NY, area that could open the motor. The only one who even tried was an automotive generator repair shop, and when he tried to unscrew one of the four long bolts, it broke off and he decided to stop right then and there.

The final solution was to purchase a rebuilt motor and then give the old one to someone who thought he might be able to get it apart (and then fix it).

Installation of the rebuilt motor proceeded in reverse of removal, using the threaded rods to slowly lift the motor up into position, followed by replacement of the rods with the usual carriage bolts.

Larry Chace, Ithaca, NY