Re: (ET) Motor weak and pulsing (Alltrax)

 Motor removal and disassembly is the way to tell for sure. You may find
that the commutator will have black, burned spots on it. Testing the
armature on a growler will pass or fail it if it is not obvious.

On September 10, 2016 at 6:59pm -0400, you wrote:

>Is there a way to test for this?  IIRC the armature has very low
>resistance to begin with.
>
>thanks,
>
>Steve
>
>On Sat, 10 Sep 2016, Harold Zimmerman - Clean Power Supply wrote:
>
>> Sounds like the symptoms of a shorted armature.
>>
>> On September 10, 2016 at 3:15pm -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>> I have an E-15 with an Alltrax controller and BB-600 batteries.  All
>>> of a
>>> sudden the motor has become very weak and its output pulsates like the
>>> sound of a wheel with a flat spot.  It does this even in neutral, and
>>> when
>>> it's in gear it draws a lot of current (the current varies in the same
>>> rhythm).  Also the motor is quite hot.  Any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Steve Gaarder

Sent without a computer from my MailBug email machine.
landel.com, 1-855-MAILBUG, getmailbuginfo landel com