Re: (ET) Alternative controller (was: Elec-trak Digest, Vol 14, Issue 113)

On 29 Aug 2016 at 9:09, Robert wrote:

>  I expect my controllers to come in well under
> $100 each for the prototypes.

I'm not a EE and I'm sure you know WAY more about this than I do.  I think
it wouild be SENSATIONAL to have a few more choices.

Again, with your experience I'm sure you know this, but for the sake of
others listening: folks who've designed EV controllers tell me that the
reason that short-run high-power products like this are so pricey is that
someone somewhere has to pay for the several buckets full of expensive
high-
power semiconductors that the designers blow up in the process of
stabilizing the design.  ;-)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA