Re: (ET) welding a ring onto deck motor

If you are worried about the vibration consider using a right angle grinder with a sanding disk rather than a grinding wheel.

If possible  go slow welding.  Do smaller alternating stitches and cool with wet rag between.  If you put a lot of heat in quickly, the differential CTE could hurt the bond with the magnet

Rob Brockway

Sent from my iPhone