Re: (ET) Curtis controller mod

        This winter I was able to divert an E20 and an I-5 from the scrap
pile . Both have been fitted with Roberts basic design and coaching. I
bought a used curtis 1204 on ebay for $170. and had a PB6 potbox  for the
foot throttle on the E20 . For the I-5 I used a  Taylor Dunn(curtis)
controller with an electronic foot throttle from a fork lift that I had on
hand . The biggest head scratcher on that one was figuring out the
connection between the controller and the throttle unit. That controller
has only one throttle spade( instead of the two with a potbox)and a KSI
spade . The throttle has four wires. Anyway, I did find a fork lift wiring
diagram with the right color codes and it is working as it should. If
anyone else gets into that situation I may be able to shorten your
learning curve.
        The addition that I made to this system was a DPDT switch operated
field weakening Hyperdrive. I used a stock field card and since I didn’t
know which combination of resistors would be the most useful I wired a
rotary s/w to put 1,2,or 3 resistors in line on the field circuit.  I am
about to start the mowing season today with the I-5. I am not sure yet but
I think I will end up mostly using the tractor in fieldweakened mode with
2 resistors in line and switching to full field voltage if I need it. I
will certainly know more after a few months of use. It is nice to have the
faster speed available and with the curtis creeping is always an option .
Kimball