Re: (ET) mower motor mounting ring

On 4/25/16 7:22 AM, Briggs, Michael wrote:
> The mounting ring on one of my mower motors (the wider kind) snapped.
> Is there any way to replace the mounting ring other than trying to
> weld it back together? Does anyone make / sell them? I've been
> using one of the thinner motors as a temporary fix, but would like
> to go back to the big one.

Did the entire ring come off, or just a chunk come out? If say 75% still there, may work to put a reinforcing ring on top and sandwich things back together. The reinforcing ring is basically a custom washer that matches the motor flange dimensions.

Regards,

Jim Coate
540-941-1005
Free Range Electric