From: Kim Petty <kim coveside net>
To: Elec-trak <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sat, Nov 21, 2015 11:01 am
Subject: (ET) mower motors

I am going through a set of big mower motors that were quite rusty. The steel shims that are glued to the ends of the magnets are pretty much gone. I am trying to picture life without them .Does anyone know what their function is ? Is it structural (in which case I would just use a fillet of J&B Weld) or do they have something to do with the magnetic field ?
thanks, Kimball