Re: (ET) Power disconnect? Shunt cable?

Yes, it is a common failure point. Once it starts running hot, the exponential failure is when the terminals melt the casing and get further out of position and then run even hotter and so on. Along with replacing the disconnect switch, I'd replace the cable as the end is probably a high-resistance mess as well by now.

The "shunt" provides a high voltage relative to standard shunts, so there is no easy substitution unless also replace the gauge. A new cable with good ends should run cool and be accurate enough for the tractor (and its less than precise gauge).

New disconnect switches are listed here:

http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=116
and although not listed I can provide the cable if desired.