(ET) E15 looks less like a rolling junk pile, rust remediation?

So this poor little E15 which was buried in leaves and debris for decades before being rescued is looking a tad bit more like a tractor.

Today I put on the fender for the passenger side to see how it looks and to stabilize the passenger side footrest. These were old fenders bought at salvage. And darn, that side of the tractor now looks kind of like, well more like a tractor...

The driver's side (with the brake) is a bit more complex. This was the side buried in wet leaves, and the side that badly rotted. The frame has been rebuilt with angle iron, but that foot rest is completely gone where it would have connected to the fender. No biggie, I have a new foot rest cut from another tractor, so I will cut this one off and bolt/weld the new one in place, then put on that side.

However this makes the thing look more like it wants love. So the big question is how do I get all the rust off the frame? Oddly enough I could take it pretty much apart quickly (remove the transmission, motor, lift, battery box, front panels, and front wheels and you will pretty much have just the steering box on the frame and the wires) but then what? Remove the wires and everything? Or should I just knock the paint/rust off it and POR15 the whole darn thing?

Or just let nature finish the job someday? This weekend I have a new shift knob coming, I'll see if I can get it back into the high gears, then will take off the resistors and hook the lift to 36 volts. At which time it could become a full lawn mowing capable tractor, freeing the E20 to do the heavy stuff (and go into the shed)....

Chris